At the office, we offer lipoma removal expertly performed by our dermatologist. If you’re looking to shed what you don’t need, contact our office for your lipoma removal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a lipoma?
- A lipoma is a ball of fat cells (“adipocytes”) collected underneath the skin. It is benign (not cancer).
Why did I get a lipoma?
- We do not know why some people are more prone to lipomas than others. However, for some patients, it can be a family trait, or it may occur after injury to the skin.
What are my treatment options?
- Lipoma treatment is optional. Most people seek removal due to its unsightly appearance, or the desire to have the area look smoother.
- Treatment may be done via surgical incision to the site to remove the fat cells, with skin then closed up with sutures.
What is the downtime after lipoma removal?
- There is little to no downtime required following the lipoma removal. You want to avoid applying pressure to the site where the lipoma has been removed. You will be given specific instructions on how to care for your treatment site following your procedure to ensure the best results. In cases of surgical removal, sutures may be placed, which can be removed in-office after about 10-14 days.
CONTACT US TODAY
If you are unhappy with your lipoma and would like to book lipoma removal, please contact us. We will let you know how to schedule your consultation with Dr. Beach.