Frequently Asked Quesions
What is Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra (DPN)?
- DPNs are the brown or black small balls that form on adult skin – they are mostly seen on the face and neck. They can occur in any type of skin, but generally occur in olive, brown, Black-skinned individuals.
- Sometimes they are called “flesh moles” by the lay public.
Why do I get DPN?
- They are generally associated with having mature skin (20 years of age and older).
- They also tend to trend in families (your parent(s) may have them too)
How can DPNs be treated?
- There are different forms of treatment and this will be decided based on your assessment.
- Some treatment options include: electrodessication and Nd YAG laser
What is the downtime after DPN Treatment?
- After DPN treatment, the site may be red and swollen and feel tender, then it forms a scab. The scab can last 1 – 2 weeks depending on the body site treated
What is the cost of DPN Treatment?
- The cost of DPN treatment is quoted at the time of your assessment to be as accurate as possible. Treatments start at $150.
Kindly contact the office to receive more details: 416. 787. 6060