Frequently Asked Questions:
What are Age spots?
- “Age spots” is a general term that can refer to regular spots that occur on the body in adults – they can range from skin tags/ acrochordons to sun freckles/ lentignes to barnacles/ seborrheic keratoses
Why do I get Age Spots?
- They are generally associated with having mature skin. Sometimes they occur at sites of friction like the neck or armpits or groin or breast fold (skin tags/ acrochordons; seborrheic keratoses).
- Solar lentignes/ lentigos are caused by sun exposure, even if it was a long time ago
How can Age Spots be treated?
- There are different forms of treatment and this will be decided based on your assessment.
- Some treatment options include: liquid nitrogen/ cryotherapy; electrodessication; excision; Nd YAG laser; IPL (intense pulsed light)
What is the downtime after Age Spot Treatment
- After age spot treatment, the site may be red and swollen and feel tender
- These changes can last for a few days.
- If there are stitches in the skin, you will be advised on when the stitches can be removed
What is the cost of Age Spot Treatment?
- The cost of Age Spot treatment is quoted at the time of your assessment to be as accurate as possible. Treatments start at $150.
Kindly contact the office to receive more details: 416. 787. 6060